The purpose of the Midterm Evaluation was to get insight in the progress of the CcSP programme in the years 2004 until mid 2007 in relation to mission and objectives of the programme. The result was an independent Mid-term Evaluation report, accompanied with a reply letter on this report composed by the board of the CcSP programme. Additional to the independent Mid-term Evaluation of the CcSP programme had to prepare a mid-term progress report.
The Climate changes Spatial Planning (CcSP) programme officially started in November 2004 and ran untill December 2011. The Mid-term evaluation (March-September 2007) should therefore be seen as an evaluation of the programme being at almost one third of its duration rather than midway, including the period 2004 until the end of 2006. The evaluation is an obligatory activity within the BSIK subsidy regulation. The scientific review was carried out by an scientific evaluation sub-committee (a selection of members of the International Scientific Advisory Council of the programme, ISAC) and an societal evaluation sub-committee.
Purpose and objectives
The purpose of the Mid-term Evaluation was to get insight in the progress of the CcSP programme in the years 2004 until mid 2007 in relation to mission and objectives of the programme.
Evaluation subjects include:
- Scientific quality and progress of the programme
- International embedding
- Coherence of the programme content
- Progress in achieving the socio-economic programme objectives
- Innovation and valorisation of knowledge
- Embedding of previous advice from the monitoring and advisory bodys of the BSIK subsidy regulation
- Vision and strategy for the programme after termination
- CcSP Midterm evaluation report from the Scientific and Societal evaluation committees (pdf, 245kb)
This report contains the evaluation of the “Climate changes Spatial Planning” research programme, performed by independent scientific and societal evaluation committees.
- CcSP Reply Climate Changes Spatial planning Consortium on the Evaluation Report from the scientific and societal evaluation committees (pdf, 83kb)
The CcSP-consortium welcomes the conclusions and recommendations from the Midterm Evaluation. The scientific and societal reviewers and committee members have identified many strong points both on scientific and societal level. In this document of reply, the CcSP gives first sketches of how to implement the recommendations that came forward from the evaluation.
Other important documents
- KvR MTR monitorrapportage van SenterNovem aan CvW (pdf, 22kb, in Dutch)
- CcSP Midterm Self Evaluation Report November 2004 - June 2007 (pdf, 1.53Mb)
- CcSP Plan of Operation for Midterm Evaluation (pdf, 454 kb)
- CcSP Progress Report 2004-2007 (pdf, 0.52Mb)
- CcSP Innovation Analysis Mid Term Evaluation (pdf, 134kb)
The results of the Midterm Evaluation, including a reply from the CcSP consortium, were sent to SenterNovem at November 5, 2007. The documentation were evaluated by an expert panel, called “Commissie van Wijzen”, that adviced the Dutch government on the continuation of the CcSP programme, amongst 32 other BSIK research programmes. This advice was given in June 2008.
In December 2008 a Plan of Operation Embedding Advice Midterm Evaluation was written in Dutch and send to the Board.